Larry has written a considerable body of literature on various sub-topics of law, corporate finance, and corporate governance. He is author of many articles on investment banking and corporate finance-related topics for numerous industry trade publications, and newspapers such as The American Banker, Market Chronicle, Los Angeles Times, The Baltimore Sun and The Washington Post, has written extensively for Mortgage Banking and has frequently been quoted in the financial press. A representative sample includes:
- Tik Tok! TikTok: Escalating Tension Between U.S. Privacy Rights and National Security Vulnerabilities, available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=4163203.
- Mission Critical: Caremark. Blue Bell, and Director Responsibility for Cybersecurity Governance (with H. Justin Pace) __ Wisconsin Law Review (forthcoming) (2021 SEALSB Best Proceedings Paper Award), available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=3938128.
- Democracy At Risk: Domestic Terrorism and Attack on the U.S. Capitol, 45 Seattle University Law Review (forthcoming) available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=3808365.
- Virtual Art and Non-fungible Tokens, 50 Hofstra Law Review 361 (2022), available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=3814087.
- Special Purpose Acquisition Companies (SPACs) and the SEC, (with Neal Newman), 24(3) University of Pennsylvania Journal of Business Law (forthcoming 2022), available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=3905372.
- Corporate Directors: Who They Are, What They Do, Cyber and Other Contemporary Challenges (with Seletha Butler, Frederick R. Chang, Michele Hooper, Ron McCray and Ruth Simmons), 70 Buffalo Law Review 459 (2022), available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=3792382.
- When Does A Nonfungible Token (NFT) Become A Security?, __ Georgia State University Law Review (with Brian Elzweig) (forthcoming), available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=4055585.
- The Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Debate Emerges from the Soil of Climate Denial, (with Neal Newman), 53 University of Memphis Law Review, available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=3939898.
- Improving University Scholarship Rankings: Lessons Learned from the Movie Moneyball (with Munir Quddus), UNT DALLAS Law Review: On The Cusp (forthcoming), available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=3677556.
- Contracts in Brief (with Larry D. Foster II, Lora J. Koretz, Anthony L. McMullen, H. Justin Pace, and Michelle A. Romero), available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=3571997.
- A Proposed SEC Cyber Data Disclosure Advisory Commission (with Neal Newman) Securities Regulation Law Journal (forthcoming 2022), available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=4097138.
- The Internet of Things (IoT) in a Post-Pandemic World (with Mohammed T. Hussein) available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=4149477.
- The Demographics of Death: An Early Look at Covid-19, Cultural and Racial Bias in America (with U.S. Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson), 48 Hastings Constitutional Law Quarterly 357 (2021), available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=3677607.
- Rapid Technological Change and U.S. Entrepreneurial Risk in International Markets: Focus on Data Security, Information Privacy, Bribery and Corruption, 49 Capital U. Law Review 67 (2021), at https://ssrn.com/abstract=2912072.
- Cannabis At the Crossroads: Regulation, A Transdisciplinary Analysis and Policy Prescription (with Donald Mayer, Paul Seaborn, Adam Sulkowski & Robert T. Luttrell), 46 Oklahoma City University Law Review 125 (2021), available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=3541229.
- Posted: No Phishing (with Mohammed T. Hussein, Emmanuel U. Opara, Mason J. Molesky and Shahedur Rahman), 8 Emory Corporate Governance and Accountability Review 39 (2021), available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=3549992.
- Governance of the Facebook Privacy Crisis, Reprint of 2020 Pittsburgh Journal of Technology Law & Policy article In Entertainment, Publishing and the Arts Handbook 2020 (Thompson Reuters-West) (“Judged one of the best law review articles related to entertainment, publishing and/or the arts published within the last year” & selected for reprint).
- David Thaw, Charlotte Tschider, Gus Hurwitz, and Derek Bambauer, Cybersecurity: An Interdisciplinary Problem (West Publishing, 2021) (excerpting from Corporate Directors’ and Officers’ Cybersecurity Standard of Care: The Yahoo Data Breach, 66 American University Law Review 1233–67 (2017).
- Securities Law: Overview and Contemporary Issues (with Neal Newman) 16 Ohio State Business Law Journal (2021), available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=3790804.
- Special Purpose Acquisition Companies (SPACs) and the SEC, (with Neal Newman), 24(3) University of Pennsylvania Journal of Business Law (forthcoming), http://ssrn.com/abstract=3905372.
- Teaching Ethics and Values in an Age of Rapid Technological Change (with Kenneth J. Sanney, Eric D. Yordy, Tammy W. Cowart & Destynie Sewell), 17 Rutgers Business Law Review 17 (2021), http://ssrn.com/abstract=3102552.
- Governance of the Facebook Privacy Crisis, 20(1) Pittsburgh Journal of Technology Law & Policy 41 (2020), available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=3363002.
- Governance of The Internet of Things (IoT) (with Mohammed T. Hussein, Louis Ngamassi & Mason Molesky), 60(3) Jurimetrics 315 (Spring 2020), at http://ssrn.com/abstract=3443973.
- The Dark Web and Employer Liability (with David D. Schein), 18(1) Colorado Technology Law Journal 49 (2020), available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=3251479.
- Lessons About Franchise Risk From YUM! Brands and Schlotsky’s (with Robert W. Emerson), 24 Lewis & Clark Law Review 997 (2020) available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=3442905.
- The Importance of Truth Telling and Trust, (with Kenneth J. Sanney, Eric D. Yordy, Tammy W. Cowart, and Destynie Sewell), 37(1) Journal of Legal Studies Education 7 (Winter 2020) (peer reviewed), available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=3430854.
- Impeachment, Donald Trump and The Attempted Extortion of Ukraine, 40(2) Pace Law Review 141 (2020), available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=3518082.
- WannaCry, Ransomware, and the Emerging Threat to Corporations, (with Peter C. Ormerod), 86(2) Tennessee Law Review 503 (2019), http://ssrn.com/abstract=3238293.
- A Primer for Blockchain (with Mason J. Molesky), 88(2) UMKC Law Review 239 (2019), arXiv:1904.03254, available at https://ssrn.com/abstract=3324660.
- The Twenty-Fifth Amendment: Incapacity and Ability to Discharge the Powers and Duties of Office?, 67(3) Cleveland State Law Review 373 (2019), available at https://ssrn.com/abstract=3262019.
- Presidential Impeachment: A Contemporary Analysis, 44(3) University of Dayton Law Review 529 (2019), available at https://ssrn.com/abstract=3290722.
- IRAC! IRAC! IRAC!: How To Brief Any Legal Issue, (with Cathy L. Taylor, Janet Ford, Lora J. Koretz, Anthony McMullen & Erin Isom), 29(2) Southern Law Journal 317 (Fall 2019), http://ssrn.com/abstract=2827285.
- Crowdfunding, Entrepreneurship, and Start-Up Finance (with Oliver W. Aho), Entrepreneur & Innovation Exchange (EiX.org) (2019) at http://ssrn.com/abstract=3251538. Winner of the Schultze Publication Award, 2019.
- Industrial Cyber Vulnerabilities: Lessons from Stuxnet and the Internet of Things, (with Peter C. Ormerod), 72 University of Miami Law Review 761 (2018), available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=2982629.
- Bitcoin, Virtual Currencies and the Struggle of Law and Regulation to Keep Pace, 102 Marquette Law Review 447 (2018), available at https://ssrn.com/abstract=3182867.
- Nonprofit Governance: The Basics (with Janet Ford), 52 Akron Law Review 971 (2018), available at https://ssrn.com/abstract=3133818.
- The Value of Legal Writing, Law Review, and Publication, 51 Indiana Law Review 693 (2018), available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=2501834.
- Grab ‘Em By the Emoluments: The Crumbling Ethical Foundation of Donald Trump’s Presidency, 17(2) Connecticut Public Interest Law Journal 169 (2018), available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=2999769.
- How Google Perceives Customer Privacy, Cyber, E-Commerce, Political and Regulatory Compliance Risks, 10 William and Mary Business Law Review 1 (2018), available at https://ssrn.com/abstract=3067298.
- A Descriptive Analysis of the Fourth Amendment and the Third-Party Doctrine in the Digital Age!, (with Peter C. Ormerod), 28 Albany Law Journal of Science & Technology 73 (2018), available at https://ssrn.com/abstract=3005714.
- Bribery and Corruption: The COSO Framework, FCPA, and U.K. Bribery Act, (with Joanna Kimbell) 30(3) Florida Journal of International Law 191 (2018), available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=3239193.
- Bitcoin Versus Regulated Payment Systems: What Gives? (with Alvin C. Harrell), 38 Cardozo Law Review, 1041 (2017), available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=2730983.
- Corporate Directors' and Officers' Cybersecurity Standard of Care: The Yahoo Data Breach, (with Peter C. Ormerod), 66 American University Law Review 1231 (2017), available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=2883607.
- Following the Money: Lessons from the “Panama Papers,” Part 1: Tip of the Iceberg, 121 Penn State Law Review 807 (2017), available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=2783503.
- The Board’s Responsibility for Crisis Governance, 13 Hastings Business Law Journal 275 (2017), available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=2623219.
- How Law Operates in a Wired Global Society: Cyber and E-Commerce Risk, Proceeds of the Korea Legislation Research Institute (KLRI), 2017 Legal Scholar Roundtable, Seoul, Korea, 21-22 Sept., 2017, available at https://ssrn.com/abstract=3033776.
- Is Cyberattack The Next Pearl Harbor?, 18 North Carolina Journal of Law & Technology 232 (2016), available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=2711059.
- Managing Cyberthreat, 33(2) Santa Clara High Tech. L.J. 230 (2016), available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=2534119.
- Ethical Culture and Legal Liability: The GM Switch Crisis and Lessons in Governance, (with Marianne M. Jennings), 22 Boston University Journal of Science & Technology Law 187 (2016), available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=2691536.
- E-Commerce, Cyber and Electronic Payment System Risks: Lessons from PayPal, 17 U.C. Davis Business Law Journal 261 (Spring 2016), at http://www.ssrn.com/abstract=2314119.
- Is Disruptive Blockchain Technology the Future of Financial Services?, 69 The Consumer Finance Law Quarterly Report 232 (2016), available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=2786186.
- Who Sits on Texas Corporate Boards? Texas Corporate Directors: Who They Are and What They Do, 16 Houston Business and Tax Law Journal 44 (2016), available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=2493569.
- Some Key Things U.S. Entrepreneurs Need to Know About The Law and Lawyers (with Anthony “Tony” Luppino & Malika S. Simmons), 46 Texas Journal of Business Law 155 (2016), available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=2606808.
- Congressional Cybersecurity Oversight: Who’s Who & How It Works, 5 Journal of Law and Cyber Warfare 147 (2016), available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=2638448.
- Cybersecurity: What About U.S. Policy?, 2015 University of Illinois Journal of Law, Technology & Policy 341 (2015), available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=2548561.
- Corporate Boardroom Diversity: Why Are We Still Talking About This?, 17 The Scholar: St. Mary’s Law Review on Race and Social Justice 219 (2015), available at http://www.ssrn.com/abstract=2047750.
- Present at the Creation: Reflections on the Early Years of the National Association of Corporate Directors, 17 Duquesne Business Law Journal 1 (2015), available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=2296427.
- Virtual Currencies: Bitcoin & What Now After Liberty Reserve, Silk Road, and Mt. Gox?, 20 Richmond Journal of Law & Technology 13 (2014), available at http://www.ssrn.com/abstract=2393537.
- The SEC & The Internet: Regulating the Web of Deceit, (with George P. Michaely, Jr.), 68 The Consumer Finance Law Quarterly Report 262 (2014), available at http://www.ssrn.com/abstract=1951148.
- Remembering George Michaely, (with Hon. Stanley Sporkin & John A. Dudley), 68 The Consumer Finance Law Quarterly Report 262 (2014), available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=2431375.
- Lawyers, Guns and Money – The Bribery Problem and U.K. Bribery Act, (with Kara Altenbaumer-Price), 47 The International Lawyer 481 (2013), available at http://www.ssrn.com/abstract=2276738. The International Lawyer (ABA-sponsored) is the most widely-distributed U.S. international law review, with subscriptions of over twenty thousand readers (2nd only to The Harvard Law Review) in ninety+ countries.
- Who Qualifies as an Audit Committee Financial Expert Under SEC Regulations and NYSE Rules?, 11 DePaul Business & Commercial Law Journal 205 (2013), available at http://www.ssrn.com/abstract=2137747.
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act: An Update on Enforcement and SEC and DOJ Guidance, (with Kara Altenbaumer-Price), 41 Securities Regulation Law Journal 241 (2013), available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=2293382.
- Corporate Information Technology Governance Under Fire, (with Jason Triche & James C. Wetherbe), 8 Journal of Strategic & International Studies 105 (2013), available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=2314119.
- Corporate Director Selection and Recruitment: A Matrix, The Conference Board, Director Notes (May 2013), available at http://www.ssrn.com/abstract=2269404.
- D&O Insurance: A Primer, (with Kara Altenbaumer-Price), 1 The American University Business Law Review 337 (2012), available at http://www.ssrn.com/abstract=1998080.
- American Entrepreneur in China: Potholes on the Silk Road to Prosperity, 12 Wake Forest Journal of Business & Intellectual Property Law 427 (2012), available at http://www.ssrn.com/abstract=1995076.
- The Matrix: The Board’s Responsibility for Director Selection and Recruitment, 11 Florida State University Business Review 75 (2012), available at http://www.ssrn.com/abstract=1998489.
- The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act: Minefield for Directors (with Kara Altenbaumer-Price), 6 Virginia Law & Business Review 145 (2011), at http://www.ssrn.com/abstract=1930190.
- The Board’s Responsibility for Information Technology Governance, (with Kara Altenbaumer-Price), 29 John Marshall Journal of Computer & Information Law, 313 (2011), available at http://www.ssrn.com/abstract=1947283.